Saturday 14 June 2014

They're Back

On. gets the Liberal gov'ment again and " Tinky - Winky " will be produced w/ Canadian help
Which is more important ???

Weather : bright , cool , glorious

The killing goes on ... well , everywhere Iraq , Syria , Nigeria and the Ukraine
Procul Harem was once a musical group , now they shoot people

To - day , we attend a retirement ' do ' for a friend
Someone's backyard , for the afternoon
90 % teachers , this is the ' Good , Bad and Boring '
Rumour has it that , nothing is more mind numbing than 3 teachers standing around expressing their concerns
I'd say , yes , but I've been at some snore - fests that had nothing to do w/ teachers

The Unthinkable :                  I boiled chicken wings.... really !

On the 'net , I found a site called ' 15Spatulas ' where the host boiled the wings for 8 minutes and then oven baked them.
I did the BBQ thing ,using offside heat. It's summer after all.
All I did was celery salt , paprika and pepper after brushing w/ canola oil.
The verdict : VG to great
The boiling removes some fat , I guess. But the wings were crisp and might have got crispier in the oven at 400 F
I did finish the wings by grilling them on the hot side , next time longer on the heat
I had a pan of water under the wings on the offside
The experiment was interesting. M is not a wing fan but she dug right in ... she was probably starving hungry 

No comments:

Post a Comment