Monday 2 June 2014

Watching..............

..... what you say Or doing what you say
This phrase is the bugaboo of my life

" Oh , we bought the cottage close to T.O. so we can zip up for a day "

We aren't going this week as usual. I was hemming and hawing about whether to go , stay one night etc  ... then I remembered the above line
Gotcha !!!!
I went

The good , the new plants got watered - it will rain to-day ,natch..

The good : We replaced the satellite dish base, last week. 3 hrs of TV and then
- the signal starts cutting in and out as in a rain or thunderstorm
Go up to the dish , check the connections - all tight.
Board under the dish doesn't seem to move - so far so good , no signal.
Get out the destructions - azimuth ,declination and skew
How to adjust by compass and protractor ............COAC
Protractor , there's a diagram in the book
COAC , I aimed the dish 1/2 " higher , what the ' hey ' - take a chance
The book says that you must get at least 55 % signal strength on the test band
Bingo !!!!! 73 % and climbing
We have TV
BTW - this is free satellite TV , so far since we've been up there. I think that they forgot about us

Bad : nope , except keep my mouth shut

Weather : warm and warmer , sunny and sunnier , high UV
Maybe rain / thunder this aft
It is getting dark


No comments:

Post a Comment