Friday 6 June 2014

Living Life or not

Maybe I'm too cheap.... no I am too cheap

I am not buying a i Pad for a travelling computer , I'll keep the 3 yr old E machine ( 500 dollars vs status quo - i.e slow or slow-ish and not style - ish either )

Our bill for TV , internet and phone just hit $ 208 , it has been climbing but now it crossed the 200 barrier - I'm searching for alternate service providers and there are lots but w/ varying degrees of satisfaction based on reviews

I try to stay on top of the rising costs for sustainable ( ???? ) urban life ...... internet and TV are almost in the class of essentials in this house .... kinda sad in a way
There we are trapped in a modern whirlwind of spending
Our garbage is more than half packing material
Whine , moan , bitch

In my book , Tyranny of the Night series , the hero and his friend have this repartee
Pinkus : We're hurt and low on supplies , where you've been
Piper : You're still complaining , we must have got here in time

Love that 
I guess I'm still alive , I'm whining

Weather: sunny , beutii --- summer set in

Gardening : went wild last night , afternoon was shady and cool
Trimmed the hedge. Normally , I cut it straight across , its never flat or straight. This time , I cut it as an arch low on the ends and rising to the middle , uneven but it always is uneven - this way it looks like I was trying for uneven ---- Go figure

The evergreen part of the hedge got whacked something big time - I used the ratcheting loppers and a saw ... it never had a chance. Some chunks were as thick as my wrist
Oh , the silver leaf dogwoods didn't escape either. I decided to show them who's the boss . Now , they know
You could tell from the self satisfied grin on my face that great things had been achieved
Basically , the plan is to do enough so that you feel smug but don't die doing it
Kinda like , if you're still whining , then you're still alive
It is a precarious existence here in suburbia



No comments:

Post a Comment