Friday 14 November 2014

Facing the Book

I lied. I was on my FB page , yesterday ... and responded to a friend's post. Yes , me.
That person SBP ( Hi , if you read this ), responded to my respond.
I quoted Laura Nyro - ' cuddles are curse ' from ' Time and Love '
when she offered a big hug to the world in a cartoon

I suppose that I'm Facebooking , now.
Oh , so subtle the slide into social media

Anxiety is building , craps will be played soon
I'm practicing a little
I set up a craps table in the den. The shooting box might be a bit small but I've got a not bad system

The weather is frightful. Real cold , real bite... snow flurries are possible. We saw snow somethings in the morning , yesterday

I'm still pushing the music video ' Emmanuel ' w/ Chris Botti and Lucia Micarelli.

Sold some stock and ETF s , for a profit ... Did I say that already ???   I'll look back and retract the sentence if necessary
But it was a good day - its called taking profit which is not always do-able

I invested a large chunk of money in a Personal Portfolio Service.
The bank pools money and invests in mutual funds.
the upshot is that they charge a sliding fee based on balance of funds.
I've got ours down to 1.14 % Which is good
I can do better , w/ indexed ETF s , some at 0.33 % ( plus commission ) but moving around the funds w/ market shifts , is the hard part.
You're supposed to do a review and re- shuffle your assets... I've found this a difficult procedure in the past.
Thus , the lazy investor option
How is it doing ?? Year over year , we're talking 13 % , as well I skimmed profit during last year.
The portfolio is unchanged since inception which would be bad except for the fact that I did skim throughout the year.
The portfolio pays for a 3.65 % mortgage , monthly , and the skim
.All in all , not bad

I'm I worried , yes , I'll always worry. 
The personal Banking Rep , kind of shakes his head , and re- assures me every visit , ' you're doing well '
" It takes a worried man to sing the worried song ' 
  the Kingston Trio  and I'm by myself

No comments:

Post a Comment