Thursday 27 November 2014

Yodel This

On the buds , last night - ' I don't expect to sleep through the night '

The two styles of yodelling
Alpine and Cowboy

" Happ...ppy , Thanksgiv.......ing  Daaaa....yyyy "

GMaB , OK , call the cows home , I get it
After that , STOP

Weather : cannot make up its mind
Gray , cold and hints of snow-somethings floating
I imagine that this is a northern fringe of the storm that is / did hit the NorthEast.
Friends are heading S over the Alleganies , this morning , bound for W. Virginia and Ft Lauderdale
Asked for advice , 3 weeks ago, I said monitor the weather
Head West to I- 75 , if the weather is dodgy
Nope , the father-in-law ( much experienced and opinionated traveller ) pre - booked accomodations.
Second piece of advice , skip Thanksgiving travelling

Oh well , some things will work out 

Later in the day.
On line , Amazon has the computer DRAM chip that I need , $ 34 and shipping
Here in Scarborough , many little shops still exist. Furniture  , carpets , lights and electronics. after 3 tries , I found a shop w/ my DRAM chip.
Owner : try it here , put it in
Me: I don't think that I could do it here
Owner : $ 10 and I'll put it in

10 minutes later , RAM is now 2 GB  in the baby laptop
Thus, drive around a bit 10 minutes and $ 40 , increased memory for processing
Faster ?

I'm not sure all the time especially ,on start up
However , once loaded , eMachine is much faster

And the owner says " if you make it Solid State Drive ( $ 120 ) it will be amazing. 
Right , double the cost ( Emach cost $ 140 , originally ) , and way faster ( 5 X )
5X ?????
Wouldn't know what to do w/  a five times faster baby laptop

" Sufficient for the day , is the evil thereof "
Still don't know what this means

No comments:

Post a Comment