Saturday 23 July 2016

Windows 10 Redux

lets be honest here
I can often be easily impressed , only to find later , problems occur

That being said W10 is magic
To wit , I'm sitting here typing on Travel ( i.e. baby laptop ) and its fun
Why ? B/c , Travel starts fast and loads programs e.g. g mail . quickly. Going back , say , 4 weeks - g mail would have taken 2 - 3 minutes to fully load and stop putting up notices such as ' Something is wrong , we are checking '
To - day , g mail was 30 seconds loading. That may not sound fast to you and your tablet or whatever but Golly ! Magic

Lets review. Baby laptop cost $130 after rebates and I've paid for upgrades to Windows 7 Premium Home , upgrade memory , installed SSD and a new battery. Total upgrade cost , estimating here at $ 340 Cdn.
At to -day's prices , I could get a slightly better model re: higher memory and perhaps a little faster but SSD's usually come w/ models that start around $ 600 if you are lucky.

Why ? a laptop. Well , this Travel has USB 2 ports and other ports that I still find convenient. Aren't there other ways to connect. Certainly , but some peripherals ( neat , eh , see how I can throw around techie lingo ) still need these ports.
And somehow , the touchpad that came back from memory wipe extremely difficult to use is back to its old self and gliding around like crazy

Yes    Yes    Yes

This AM. Grabbed the Travel , started up - checked emails and bingo bango began blogging.
Great you say , more drivel from the s GWN.

We shall see said the Zen master

Upcoming , is a fishing day w/ one of the fellows from the trip to S. Carolina. He is younger , crap they all are.
At least he's the cook guy. Always brings food and he does great meals.
Me , I pick up a chicken meal deal at the chicken store ( actually called Three Roads Farm Store but , guess what its a chicken farm ). The meal deal is BBQ chicken  , pie , rolls and salad. Good for me.

Weather : H/H for sure. rain is a distant dream. Forecast says 5 more days and its been 4 already , of heat alert days.
I broke down and watered the front yard this week . And right now , the sprinkler is going , in the back. 
I don't normally water but I read that a month is long enough for the grass to stay dormant. Figured the blades need some relief. Besides , I've arranged so that the flowers are getting some water , too !

" When the rain is blowing   in your face
and the whole world is on your case
I would offer you , a warm embrace
Just to feel my love "

Bob Dylan

Although , I'm not expecting ' rain in my face for awhile '

TTFN dudes in Ohio , Massachusetts , Alberta and wherever the ether extends  

No comments:

Post a Comment