Friday 3 November 2017

a Love Affair

NOT

The social media miasma. Americans are mesmerized by FaceBook to the tune of one hr a day.
An eight year old will now spend 15 yrs of their life on a device.
One quite electronically literate 8 y.o. described his day
< get up , do my Samsung
go to school , do my Samsung
homework , do my Samsung
go to bed >
And the phenomena is insidious. All the likes and chiming sounds are psychological rewards to our brains.
or , dare , I say , followers

FaceBook and me. A love affair
I think not
I'm a FaceBook illiterate. I cannot figure out what its for
Or , maybe , what its for for me

My life is such

Oh , forgot its 6 thirty and I'm almost awake. I sat in front of the fireplace for 30 minutes fiddling w/ my i Phone.
Then said ' lets blog '

Yesterday , we were waiting for a call in the car and didn't hear it ring. More to the point , M was holding the phone while I'll drove.
And the silly thing is set to vibrate , too.

Think that I can't do FaceBook ! I can't get my mobile device to make a sound ( I can hear ). BTW , on the net , a search by Google reveals hundreds of posts and replies on the topic ' My i Phone won't ring '
Is there some solace , in the company of other     ' electronically deaf ' cell phone users.

The rain is rattling on the roof and skylight.
Obviously a day for ducks or those whose surfaces are water repellent

On the exercise theme. I used the baby treadmill. M thought it was cute. i.e. I have a baby laptop and she gets a baby treadmill.

Well , I've been seeking an alternate workout routine. Thus , I substituted the treadmill for the elliptical.
And discovered
that the ceiling in the fireplace room is lower than my normal workout room b/c the barbell bounced off the ceiling
that the low speed treadmill setting produced a sweating workout session ( which surprised me , greatly )

I was pleased , overall w/ the new regimen

The most telling feature will be < does my knee feel better w/ the substitution >

And to my gang of 3 followers
thank you

The " Case of the i Phone That doesn't Ring '. As noted above , I'm not alone.
The best answer or most popular answer is ' make sure that             < do not disturb >  is not active '.
Why would it be , I never touch the icon
Ah, but do you slide the ' control panel ' up as a shortcut
Guilty !
Then , my son , you may hit the ' half moon symbol ' for
you got it
' do not disturb '
Yep , ' do not disturb was checked off

Ah , sweet mysteries of life or i Phone
Who wudda thunk !

Not me









No comments:

Post a Comment