Tuesday 21 August 2018

1 Ga. costs $ 50

I went to buy the engine oil for the outboard. Yes,  1 gallon is $50.
But  on the phone the sales lady had mentioned a 2 1/2 gallom size.
The bigger jug was $ 109. Of course, I bought the biggie.
I figure the half gallon or $25 cost 10 dollars.
Before you ask, yes you can substitute a generic brand for $ 36 a gallon.
I won't

The E Tec engine 75 HP from Evinrude has some story to tell.
In 9 years, the 75 has been in the shop 3 times.
Twice for blown injectors, definitely not my fault.  Both within the first 2 years. The E Tec forum members called it a bad batch from some manufacturer.

Time # 3, I hit a shoal and ragged the lower end. Definitely my fault
- really my fault. But the nice man at the marina called in a marker and got the 3 yr old engine repaired w/ OEM instead of re-built,

And the spark plugs got changed 2 yrs ago by moi.

And the oil, which will now be in reserve on the shelf

No comments:

Post a Comment