Wednesday 15 August 2018

" Yes, We're going fishing ... "

Oops, we went fishing

The weather co-operated. Warm to slightly uncomfortable w/ a warm to cool breeze. A few drops but really amounted to sprinkles in the mid-day.
I feel just being out in the sun all day is draining. Thus, overall, we came away in not bad condition. Arriving home, I showered and bathed in aloe vera lotion.

The highlight of the day came late morning nearing noon. An overhanging tree covered a large amount of a weedbed. I skipped my plastic stick bait 15 ft under the overhang. A large tug and I set and missed. Went right back under approx the same cast and BOOM ! A fatty #3 largemouth bass dug away at the weeds trying to dive.
The bass was good and he got down into the green stuff. However, he was hooked well and I forced him up and out- finally. Of course, after, I realized that the drag was set too loose.



No comments:

Post a Comment