Sunday 17 May 2020

Early to Rise

healthy and wise

Bull hockey.
Coffee is saving the day.

Apparently, M and I do not know good coffee.
The enemies of good coffee are air, water and time
Grind your beans at coffee time not before
Buy good beans
Use filtered water and especially a chlorine filter.

Oops ! Folgers for us out of the big container < 1 lb and a bit >
Is our coffee - mountain grown. Well, we store the coffee up high on a shelf. We do keep it refrigerated.

But I'm drinking, yesterday's coffee.

And I'm discovering that I am not alone.
To wit, in the last 4 days, our keyboard on the big laptop     < Hal, is his name >     wouldn't type a ' @ ' or ' ? '. Of course, I Googled it. 232 000 hits in under a second. Like the computer was waiting for me to ask the question.
Happens to lots of people. Why ? Dunno.

My theory is that the keyboard is so basic that there is a default setting. I think the computer gets a change signal during updating and is supposed to refer back to default < i.e. the way your keyboard was > but the default gets shifted. The keyboard we got by default was French. A biligual keyboard no less.
To my point, the keyboard is back. We got the ' @ ' symbol back w/ few tweaks. But ' ? ' took a few days and BTW ' ? ' came back on its own. See, default kicked in

Sun todya but has that ' rain is due look '

No comments:

Post a Comment