Sunday 10 May 2020

May Warm Up

I used ' may ' b/c there is promise
lots of sun
but we will be warmer than yesterday
barely
deerly - we had a sentinel deer that surveyed the ravine from our property then took off

I wore my toque out htis morning and was not overdressed. Clouds have predominated this late morning and afternoon. We had sprinkles around 1:30

Update or forgotten snippets. Friday, the plan was order in ribs from a new place 'Art of BBQ '.
Accomplished. Then, as long ago, I would make jam turnovers from pastry < Mom s leftover dough from  a pie >. We made the pastry and refrigerated the dough. At 5, our neighbour dropped by saying ' I remember it was your birthday and bought some takeout from the Chinese hot table '.
Well, that was dinner and dessert.
Thus, Saturday become ' jam tart ' day. We made tartlets w/ jam and w/ leftover dough made                  ' empanadas ala me ' or jam filled pastry turnovers.
Great pastry. Gave away the tartlets to our neighbour < pay back > and ate the turnovers.
This recipe was all - buttet pie crust < not lard or shortening > TG its not fattening ! NOT

No comments:

Post a Comment