Sunday 7 June 2020

Simple Living Sunday: Cherry Season is Here! 🍒

Wow ! Who wudda thunk - cherry season
Almost missed it

Recovering from the fishing trip
BTW, a brief recap, for 7 years I launched the bassboat by myself ( mainly ). And fought through all the problems................. what problems
My first attempt to lower the trolley to raise the boat, saw the trolley jam about 1/3 the way up. The cause was a bent rail caused by ice movement.
Over the years, I switched out the winch. I inherited 2 winches originally. One in the boathouse which burnt out the second year. And the current one that was heavier.
This winch has been recycled by an electrician.
The rail was prone to movement and often the trolley wheels jumped the rail. This event entailed raising the boat at 1700 lbs and readjusting the wheel ( s ).
And with the movement, quite often the wheels would jam. This solve was to bump the boat and trolley until the wheels lined up.
The trolley once jammed b/c a snail had died on the rail < a snail, A SNAIL stopped the boat >
And after the blossoming of zebra mussels in the Great Lakes, each year, and this one too, you take a scrub brush and clean the rails in the water.
Now, back to my story.
This year, as in most years, D the neighbour jumps in the water for me and cleans the rails. As well, since the ice incident, you need to run a block of wood the height of the wheels along the rail looking for bends and narrowings in the rail. Yes, D knows that he needs to do this.
This year, D and F both were there to launch the boat.
Thus, my usual estimates of a day to prep the boat and rail now means a 1 1/2 h ritual and fishing !
A. who now owns the cottage, saw a sale at Costco and bought a trio of batteries. Two for me.
I turned the key and that E Tec 75 HP burst into power. Love that motor.
Overall, I'm being spoilt by the help. And lest I forget, since the revamp of the waterfront and solidifying of the base. Both D and F re - formed the bed for the trolley rails.
Usually, ten minutes was spent re - adjusting the base after winter. This year, nope ! We launched the boat.
See !
I'm being spoilt by the help
And I'm getting old < er >

No comments:

Post a Comment