Monday 23 November 2020

#2855 is the Post

 lockdown can be a 4 letter word

Snow ! A winter wonderland out there

TG that I will not drive this morning b/c first snow or ice event drivers destroy their cars < and people, sadly >. Winter tires ? Nah, I'm OK - it's just a little snow then ' Wham, bang and thank you Ma'am '

The day was mild with a cool wind, damp as well.

M s watch died. I did a YouTube search and discovered what I knew already. The casing back is friction fit and you find the little notch along the seam. Right. If your eyesight is halfway decent. NOT. I didn't want to scratch the back all over praying the notch was there. 

Finally, after several seaches, it became evident only one place was indented < a little > compared to everywhere else. The video said to find a thin knife that was strong enough still to pry the back off. I tried a jeweller's screw driver and before I could twist, the backing slipped off. Hint : when the backing has been removed eight times - well. let s say it gets easier.                                                On Amazon, I found the battery. Oh, sorry, it took me 10 minutes to see the print on the battery. A thousand angels could dance on the battery but that print was small. OK. The battery ( ies ) were $6. The cost to replace the battery at the jewellers is $12. But you saw, its batteries. Yes, they come as a 6 pack.

Good deed, partly done. M needs her watch, I couldn't care less. There are clocks everywhere in the house plus cell phones and laptops.



No comments:

Post a Comment