Monday 30 November 2020

a Nu Day / Last Day and #8 ofLD

 couldn't sleep - what do you expect  early to bed        up at 6 ish                       playing w/ the Dell laptop

on the C V 19 front. In the UK, the regulator has been asked to verify the data from Oxford University / AstraZeneca vaccine trials. Some experts are even floating the possibility of a second round of trials to allay doubts. And a delay of 6 months which would still put the vaccine a year or two ahead of normal break in periods for a vaccine.

90 % ????????? what 90 %. The numbers are more like 50 - 60 % efficacy. Heck, this is in the range of Lotto Max

sorry got blown away by reality b/c our numbers in Ontario are rising like the tide Not a tsunami but steady Eddy. Where is King Canute < he's the one, I think >

our weather is cool / damp, your bones hurt and knees crack -  Hey, normal late fall.

I'm using the Duet in laptop mode for typing paragraphs - way better than tablet mode. Keyboard is small ish but so are my hands.

If your gutters are clear < yes ! > you'll be alright

I said weeks ago, don't rely on a vaccine to solve all C V 19 problems

Nothing will make the CV 19 virus go away - but infect fewer people

Rain is thrumming on the roof

My Xmas tree blew over, is now facing the mud

EEK !

I was moving glasses from cabinet to cabinet. Streamlining the kitchen shelves which are choc - a - bloc w/ accumulated dishes. I took a bunch of stuff downstairs < thats what packrats do > and moved some objects in a drawer. This hard item caught my attention.

" Preserve, Ken 1995 " was hand written on a hardcover notebook. The writing was my father's style < deceased > and ' Ken ' is my deceased brother. The entries were intermittent and finished almost the last week of his life.

Ken had viral cardiomyopathy or swollen heart disease. The enlarged heart fails as swelling impedes function.

Questions such as ' did you know about this diary ' etc drew blanks from me. 

We had the guests come to our house after the funeral service for Ken. Not very elaborate but there was sushi and sandwiches < standard fare when your Canadian Japanese >. A cousin helped my Mom < Alzheimer's patient > to the door. Mom turns to the cousin and says  ' they really don't know how to throw a party, do they ?  '

I slipped out and stood the Xmas light tree back up.


No comments:

Post a Comment