Friday 6 November 2020

welcome to #2838

 yesirree Bob, two thousand eight hundred and thirty eight postings

seems like yesterday

and here is yesterday < so to speak >

Improving cine

In the movie " Thor " the hammer is too big.  Thor looks like he's swinging a doll house.
It must be tough striking the balance between those who read ' Thor ' comics or know Norse Edda and the frosh who see a new action-fantasy movie.
Dr. Don Blake ( Thor's alter ego, on earth ) used a cane and limped. The cane became Mjolnir.
Of course, I pronounced it ' ma jol neer ' instead of ' molnir ' or mole - neer,  my Norse, not being fully developed at age 15.


I'm getting used to the hammer now that I've seen the " Avengers "
update 2012 6/ 19

To be re - broadcast for #900

Yep, that was #1 w/  a bullet
Tomorrow, I''ll re - post #900 for whatever reason < ah , continuity >
Hey ! that was pretty cocky, thinking there would be a # 900
Speaking of movies, our internet usage has exploded b/c we are using over 100 Gb a month. My last, binge of Netflix was  ' Deadwind ', a sub - titled and not sub - titled Finnish detective story. The system couldn't make up its mind. But I got the gist of it.
Thus, all my complaining about the cost of our internet is moot. We use a bucket load of Gb. Perhaps, bucket load isn't the right descriptor 
for the amount. Why not just leave it as ' over 100 Gb '
That is ' Indian Summer ' for sure - choice is coat / no coat / swim trunks


No comments:

Post a Comment