Tuesday 20 April 2021

........So Goes Canada "

 in the news, Ontario s failure to control the 3 rd wave of CV 19 has implications for all of Canada. THUS the old saying up here  " As Ontario  goes.........

" But its not my fault " Dougie the Premier is steadfast. " " I listened to the medical experts " is his favourite line

Bull hockey, Doug. You played games and got caught.

Weather has a gusty < very gusty > day and that brings "" SNOW "" tomorrow.
Lets see -- April 20 and S Ontario gets snow ---- just about right ..... as people line up upside for their vax.

Actually, a reprieve as Hospital admissions fell after two weeks of consistent increase. Unfortunately, this is much like my slot machine fortunes - you know, make fifty cents and lose a dollar, next spin.

A change in topic. Me. or health and exercise

The basic rules

1. a diet that feature fibre. Each morning, I've been having ' fake ' Metamucil < the house brand at Shoppers Drug >

2. Workout - every other day. The adverts from Health Canada suggest 30 minutes walking a day is recommended. However, I'm an advocate of the ' big sweat '. I try for 45 - 80 minutes ( apparently, 80 minutes is my new ' go to mark '. I haven't been under 75 minutes in months - and its hard to go back to anything else - for me )

My experience has been that I can tell when I don't ' clear out my pores etc ' as when we are away. This observation goes back to Chicago at a conference. We swam a little and no one was in the sauna. Not a sauna fan. We did 1/2 h. I felt so good. Then it hit me. Sweat !

Yes, the good clean out. Now, I recognize the signs of lack of ' clearing out '.

And its proven clinically.

Okay, the workout is 1/2 h of rowing. The Concept 2 has always been billed as an Ergonometer. My heartrate averages 122 BPM and runs to 133, occassionally. Next, I shift to the elliptical. Which is a good workout also. I break up the 50 minutes on the elliptical by jumping off for free weights and calisthenics. Sort of do ' X ' thing and then back on the elliptical.

Okay. Did you really need the blow by blow of the workout ? Not really, except there is a followup. No knee pain in ? say - 4 months < did I just jinx myself > I started the every other day routine for that reason, to ease up on the knees -hoping that the off day meant time to recuperate etc.

We shall see said the Zen Master

No comments:

Post a Comment