Saturday 3 April 2021

Two Childhood Friends Reunite .......

 been there
done that

Except ...... as a crimefighting duo when one invents a way for them to get superpowers.

Recommend from IMDB for tonite

Yesterday, we did our taxes by phone. I had dropped off the paperwork. And the accountant gave us the skinny on how we did in terms of owing. The total owing was $155 for the two combined.   YES !       A Victory over the forces of evil..........


See. Same plot. Unfortunately, no superpowers.
A lousy investing climate overall for us. Our portfolio is swing resistant but grows slowly sometimes. Steady Eddie is our motto.
Its a monthly income fund and everytime that I look and see how little it grew - say over two months
I gotta remind myself - it bought and paid for our cottage 
which is now an income earning mortgage that we hold
of course, as cottage country prices rose some 20 % year over year.

The new owners may have doubled their equity in 3 years

' Remo Williams, the Adventure Begins ' is an old movie ( 1980 ? )
I did my version this morning. I caught chubs this week in the creek down the ravine. However, on the fourth cast, I hooked a branch on the opposite side of the creek. True to form - that was. I snapped the line and lost a fly and a float and 2 ft of line. For the safety of the birds and b/c I'm cheap - I took the limb cutter pole and went after the float.

OK Down the slope, and over to the spot. Cut the branch and retrieved the whole mess. Crawled back up the slope using the pole to balance.

Dada ! Bob s your uncle. Then in the garage, put my hand in my pocket to get the float etc and put the hook into my finger ! That is kismet for sure

Alright - safe and slightly punctured, licking my wounds < really ! had to sop up the blood drops > and celebrating over a cup of yesterday s coffee. 
So, how was your morning ???


No comments:

Post a Comment