Monday 17 July 2023

⽛ July 17 is Fan day

  today, I wanted the ' emoji ' or symbol for FAN

Approx. 3 weeks ago, I ordered a ' knock off ' ceiling fan - light.

The ' real ' fan - light was a ' You Saw It on TV ', Bell & Howell model. The BH got fine reviews, however, the price would run from $ 30 on sale to 60. This one was $ 46 all in

On Amazon, I found a slightly cheaper version of BH. The delivery was 2 weeks out. TODAY !!!!!! it came

Supposedly, EZ to mount. Screw in and balance.
Yes !!!!! 

I knew that the makeshift ceiling light - composed of a lantern [ really ] that was meant for outdoors [ ? ] and a socket extension arranged to peek through the grate. Intuitively, I felt that some more fiddling was in the offing, for sure.

[  The old ceiling fan got so noisy and broken, I took it down. ]

Stepped up on the bed, unscrewed the LED, tipped the socket extension down [ more ] and Bingo !!!! screwed in the new  ceiling fan - light [ LED ]. 
NO. no light - no movement. Aha, use the remote. Yes, a push button control. NO. Aha, pull out the plastic battery guard.

YES. air and light. Perfectamundo

To be fair, I am so glad that the bugger works - I might have lost perspective on how well the thing works. Time will tell and M .. hasn't seen the fixture, yet.

M.. likes the ceiling fan. Clearly, the fan- light has emphasized the fact that our bed is not centred b/c the light is dead centre and the bed is 3 ft skewed to the right. I 'm thinking that at one time we needed the space on the right. 
So, the fan works and the LED light works. On low, the fan is a gentle hum. On ' high ' the fan evokes thoughts of the space shuttle accelerating. 

Conclusion. For $ 46, its a chop.

This evening, re - union w/ former students - now, friends - the class of 76 at Leacock C.I. Such a warm, convivial time



No comments:

Post a Comment