Tuesday 20 March 2012

AUMR

Absolutely Useless,  Movie Review

Rented " District 9 " from the red box DVD kiosk.
Whew, what was that bad smell. " D9 " was off the wall. I'm sort of SciFi inclined but " D9 " didn't come close to the $ 1 fee.
In favour, probably showed " aliens " as the semi-good guys and humans as less -than human / humane.

On the positive TV fare menu, Masterpiece Theatre from GBH Boston ( Public Television )
has been showing " South Riding " a 1930s - around - production concerning life in the rural areas of Britain. This time is known as the men-less 2 million woman era, highlighting the shortage due to  males lost in the war.
I'm not sure its a guy movie but I'm finding it well acted and the nuances of character interesting. I think Colin Firth's brother " Peter " is in this.
Another plus for MT on PBS is the host is Laura Linney (?). I noticed LL first in " the Mothman Prophecys " w/ Richard Gere who gets to be RG. So, for 30 sec I get to see one of my favs.

And a shout out to DB , in case you read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment