Wednesday 28 March 2012

Tyranny

Well, "Tyranny of the Night " is the book that I'm re-reading. This read maybe the 3 rd since 2008. I bought the hard cover in Worchester, Ma. Since, then by hook or by crook, I've managed to buy the series of 5 or so books. Mostly soft covers since the original purchase.  The author is Glen Cook.

M has an E-reader. I'm not allowed to use the e-reader on the basis that I should get my own. Something about " me " monopolizing the thing. Like I would do that.

This post is about books v e-reader.
The cover of " Tyranny.... " shows a battle scene. The foreground is a dude in gold-ish armour, spear in hand, seemingly screaming or exhorting followers. Neat. Love picking up the book and seeing that cover.
GC has stuck so many names in this book that I pretend that I remember what he is referring to.
"Tyranny.... " smells as well. I suppose its mildew or age but the experience is sensory.
M is careful in handling her e-reader, so it doesn't smell.  The e-reader is grey plastic w/ a pseudo-leather cover.  you can buy multi-colour covers w/designs but.. no battle scenes as far as I know.

Of course, the netbook that I'm using right now is a clone of the e-reader.  the netbook cost about $60 more.
I did bookmark ( love it, bookmark ) a site that has instructions on " how to turn a laptop into a book ". still haven't got around to exploring the possiblilty.

So, here's to snail mail and real books esp those w/ really neat covers.

No comments:

Post a Comment