Saturday 24 March 2012

FARNM

Finally A Really Neat movie

" Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy " this is the J. LeCarre novel of the same name.  Deja vu, I'm sure I've seen this plot before, perhaps there is an earlier version or my book recall is amazing, I'm leaning toward the former.
A subtle, very Englishy kind of movie. Understated, eloquent swearing and massive booze consumption.
Gary Oldman as " George Smiley " hero is plausible but too thin. I have this image of a plumper G.S. The cause might be that one of my favourite audio tapes is " Smiley's People " in which G.S. comes out of retirement -again - to solve a problem for the " Circus " or MI- something or other. In " Smiley's People " G.S. is described as looking like the " Michelin man " as he is seen through a door " viewer ".
Overall, enjoyable and intriguing.
The cast includes many actors that I recognize but I can name only, Colin Firth and Brendan Cumberpatch ( he is the new Sherlock Holmes on Masterpiece Theatre ).

P.S. if you're keeping track the JHU v Va game is this aft

There is no neutrality here, GO HOP GO

No comments:

Post a Comment