Thursday 31 January 2013

Check those 'AA' s

In the news , of course, Boeing is having battery problems on the new big plane. I've checked my double A s in the camera but they seem to be fine. What's so hard about popping open the battery case and checking the little suckers ?
Doesn't it seem like just when you get it right everything changes on you ?
Back in 1974, I went out of my way to find and buy Nike  ' waffle ' trainers ( running shoes ) . At the time, co-workers thought that I was too gullible - I mean I drove 6 miles and paid $22 for a pair. 22 dollars was a fortune for shoes,  now -  I know , times change.
Best shoes that I ever bought. The waffles were light years ahead of the pack. This went on for 2 years , and yes they changed the design. I bought two extra pairs at a closing sale but eventually ended up changing to the new ones.
Not just to the colour blue but the sole. It was OK,  the old ones were better. And they've never been the same since, new improved etc. but never as good.
To wit. We 'discovered ' a hideaway bar called the ' HideAway Lounge '. We'd sit at the bar, schmooze w/ the bartender - esses and the patrons.  The ' hideaway ' had been there for 15 years but we discovered it three years ago. This year, it got closed . We found a substitute, the " Toasted Monkey " - good food and drinks almost as cheap - but it isn't  'our discovery' . 
The old makes way for the new - and we're to the point where that means we need to make way for the new - boo hoo . 
To quote Marvin the paranoid Android " Life,  don't talk to me about life - Life , I loathe it ". Marvin is a co-star of the " Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy " by D. Adams.



No comments:

Post a Comment