Friday 24 May 2013

Blast from the Past

Typically , this title would be for oldie goldies NOPE
The temp fell to 36F overnight  and 40 mi. N of T.O. , there was snow. Its 42 , in the shade , now. Dark and dreary. Winter-ish weather came back.
And , I've brought out the plastic zipper storage thingy w/ my shorts.
The weather dude promises 65 F in two days.

On the eye front - got a stinger 2 nights ago and its still irritated. Back to the drawing board. I've been tearing all night.

Again , the laptop ran out of juice , so I'm plugged in. To all those people in airports when I maligned your battery , I apologize , I'm AC dependent too !

In the news :
1/3 of Canadians can't save - living from paycheck to paycheck.

Rob Ford ( our mayor ) has been parodied on every late night show.
Robbie fired his chief of staff and has his brother ( a councillor ) fronting for him. Oh , Rob , what have you done or not done.

Federally , the ruling Conservatives ( read , Republicans for my southern friends ) are dodging innuendo and malfeasance . Looks good on them but it won't matter ,the Tories have a majority , good for two more years.

A tornado hit homes , 20 mi N of the QMH , in the Kawartha Lakes incorporation - whew thats close. Actually , big wind is a characteristic of the whole area. Its what keeps us cool on many a summer night.

No comments:

Post a Comment