Monday 6 May 2013

THUMBnail TALES or ARRG

Ooh, I could blow a gasket here.
My thumb is sprained ,  left thumb - left handed person.
In the ' Long Dark Teatime of the Soul ' a book by Douglas Adams , ' ARRG ' is the abbrev. for ' Aries Rising Record Group ' and ' ARRGH ' is ' Aries Rising Record Group Holdings , LLB '
Here ' ARRG ' is what I scream out every ten minutes.

I can still : type   /  shave   / use the remote ( mostly )

I can't  :  wring out dishcloths    / turn knobs   / hold heavy objects
               undo my pants ( left handed )   / personal hygiene ( LH )
               and those last 2 are difficult right handed.

Notice that the ' can't do ' list is longer , b/c that s what I notice most. 

History :  My thumbs , esp the left , have been prone to sprains for about ten years. This effort is the worst yet. The thumb is splinted , so if you saw the list and wondered how that particular could be a problem - its the splint and wrist wrap that is really the difficulty.

But, I can phone people. So, Ohio got a call. Called the bank.
Apparently, talking doesn't bother the thumb.
I can still type , so you will get a pageful , to-day.

To add to my woes ... its official. For the first time since 1971 , the JHU BlueJays , failed to qualify for the NCAA Tourney. A 41 year , record , the longest in all of college sports , came to an end.
To put this in perspective. The Toronto Maple Leafs haven't won a Stanley Cup , since 1967.
See, its all how you look at it. Which is worse... oh , yeah, no question , the Leafs.

Actually, I'm making less typos ( that I notice ) using the 6 finger method , rather than the ten finger system that is usual.
I took typing in Gr 9. Slowest typer in the class , but of the lower 1 / 3 of the class , I made the fewest mistakes , just slow , real slow.

M marvels at how fast , I can make mistakes on the keyboard.
I live and die by ' SpellCheck '. On Google , the spell check pops up on every document. Very useful and essential ,for ten finger typers.

Oh, I can still drink 6 cups of coffee w/ a sore thumb , do tell.

How come the dandelions are looking more numerous and fitter and healthier than yesterday. Arrg - h, hear me roar.

I'm listening to Van ' the man ' Morrison , ' Bright Side of the Road ' etc. - great album. I heard an interview w/ V M and he came across very angry. The topic was ,  up and coming singers , and I think their lack of dedication to music v. making money.

Speaking of VM. And this would apply to a lot musicians , and other endeavours actually.

I've noticed that when people ask me ' what music do you like  ? '
and I reply ' classical ' and then say ' Sibelius or Handel ' , invariably , I'll get the reply ' Oh, thats not real classical music '. Jazz , folk it happens so frequently.
Or  Poetry..... 
So, I like MUSIC , tough freeolies, y'all.
So freeking elitist , some people.... 

Ah, ' Someone Like You ' just came on , sing it ,V M , 
' someone exactly like you ' 

Weather : can only go downhill , trust me.




No comments:

Post a Comment