Sunday 12 May 2013

Sunday 5 / 12

Not much of a title , true but dull.

A dreary day to start , sun broke through and Weatherboy is dressed for winter - difference tho' everything is green and budding. Rain will be a threat for two days - then warm starts again

Thumb , report.  Splint is off , quite a bit. I'm trying to exercise the wrist area , a little more. I have continued to perform my regular routine - w/ some adaptations , hand position etc. / less reps etc.

In the news here : a man offered his truck on Kijiji , web service want ads and 2 guys came. The trio drove off and the owner never returned , its been 7 days since he went missing. This action took place approx an hr.  from us. He had a neat pick up truck.

Cleveland hype is now in de-hype mode. " No Heroes " , Reads the headlines about the Cleveland kidnapping ( s ). The news machine has discovered everyone's checkered past , trouble in the rescuer life etc. Love the media.

My BD gifts all centred around fishing - go figure. An antique fishing rod came my way. A bamboo fly rod but in a hinged wooden case. The box contains flies and hooks. Normally, bamboo will warp if not handled w / care over the years.
While assembling the rod , I realize that there is an extra piece of rod from some other outfit.

7 PM Update : the temp is 35 F. the wind is howling. Snow flew horizontally off the deck into the windows. Driving slightly N and east of Metro , we had ten minutes of haily/snow - harder than snow but only tinkled against the window not hits. Then the sun broke out.

If dandelions take over the world , you can tell people that you know where the invasion started - our lawn.

To-night is the 2 hr Survivor episode , so , I'm typing and M is watching. Perhaps , I'll feel like a survivor by ten o'clock.
I always claim that there is a lot to do - thus , I should get at it.









No comments:

Post a Comment