Sunday 5 May 2013

Out of the Blue

I'm assuming here that the expression above is short form for " out of the wild blue yonder " or right out of the sky - as in ' poof ' its there.

Saturday , a phone call displays on the ' caller ID ' - don't recognize the name and we don't pick up. Message , gives a first and last name - nope. Then, the question did you grow up on ' X ' street, Yes.
Now it twigs ( where does that expression come from, sprouting twigs ?????????? ). Anywhoo, I return the call and we catch up on the last 50 years , give or take.
We didn't cover it all - no kidding.

On my radio show VT , Fri night , the category was strange band names. EBTG - Everything But The Girl , is introduced. Surprise the girl can sing ,her name is Tracy Thorne , song wasn't any one that I knew but still she was very good.
Actually, the band's name comes from a store of the same name or the department called " Everything but the Girl ' . the dept furnished apartments for bachelors - everything but....... .
Neat.
Randy Bachman is the host but I'm telling you , the image I get listening is Jeff Bridges w/ a beard. In truth, Randy is pretty similar in appearance to JB , bet he doesn't think so ,but I do.

Weather : Can't get better - we're screwed. Downhill from here.
Ah, we reach the top to slide down. very Buddhistic.  Cycles happen , life cycles - we accept or should.

Movie reviews : Alex Cross

Action, police thingmy. Rating 60 cents out of the dollar rental at RedBox. Try to get this one on 50 cents Tues, there's a bargain.

Magic Mike
Don't look at me , she chose it. rating on 50 cent Tues , one thin dime. Hard bodies , hot babes and all the subtlety of an avalanche.

Pirates of the Carribean
Good thing , that I like the ride at Disney. Rating 60 cents at Redbox but unfortunately, I bought this one used for $ 9. I goofed but we have the others so.........

Waiting for Johnny Depp as Tonto , in the " Lone Ranger ".
I have a set of audiotapes from the 40 s w/ ' the Lone Ranger ' serial. Very dated , but it ' takes me back to days of  yesteryear '  -part of the intro to the LR serial.

BTW - in case , you were wondering , I do get feedback but it comes through my e-mail, since the bulk of the readership all 4 people know my ' handle ' ,  e-mailishly speaking.

BTW II - the BlueJays finished their season w/ a win. The JHU team is now 9 - 5. Awaiting selection Sunday , aujourdhui ,a and the news that a ) their 41 yr streak of qualifying ends or b ) once again , against all biased comments , they make it.

P.S. ( 8 PM report ) sprained my thumb ( again, about the eithieth time ) A real dumbo 


No comments:

Post a Comment