Wednesday 26 June 2013

England in Our Home

Our visitor has returned home - to England and Yorkshire.
That was 2 weeks and although enjoyable , M needs rest. She was the perfect host but feels the effort now.

On the blister front , healing is , well , miraculous. The wound is dry and flat w/ a trace of colour to show the site. I survived , whatever. It will happen again , b/c I'm allergic to every fudging piece of vegetation ( pardon my French ). I need to keep that BetaDerm cream on hand. Unfortunately, the BD cream has side effects. The extended use can lead to blanching of the area treated and a thinning of the skin. I'm not sure which of those problems is worse.

Weather : We are T.O. summer warm. This sentence is short form for H/H. The Wikipedia states S.ON has hot , very humid summer weather. This humidity is caused by the presence of the Great Lakes. No rain , though , to-day. To-morrow starts a period of 8 - 9 days of predicted daily rain and / or TS. Yech for sure. Oh well, that will set us up nicely for JULY when we will get 0 in of  rain.

I'm missing the craps table. There is excitement even if I bet only a small amount. I'm likely to bet 6 - 12 dollars on a number. The total would be 20 dollars. And I'm standing besides guys who put down  $ 30 - 60 a number. The total bet $ 200.
At the craps machine while I'm betting $2 or so , the guy to my right was carrying a balance on his machine of $ 1200 , the whole time. I saw him push in a $ 100 bill part way through my session. I had $ 33 in my machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment