Tuesday 4 June 2013

the Truth is Always Elusive

Many times , I've reminded the reader  ( s ) that the truth is the first victim in reporting. Thus my overt distrust of the news machine.

Then occasionally , I find myself in need of your complete open mindedness.

Yesterday , I prepped for the launching of the boat. A springtime ritual. I'm not the first on the river and certainly  not the last. My promise was to do the chores first and  then play.

The batteries need to be carried down and hooked up. The safety equipment , lifejackets , floats , etc are hauled down and stored.
The wind was its typical N - NW but howling. I opted for getting ready and waited for morning.
I did chores - clean up around the boathouse and garbage pick up from last year.

About three week ago on a fishing show - the host was fishing for carp and used french fries. I can do that - so for lunch I bought the medium wedgies at the Farm Store. Ate some and saved three handfuls for fishing. Salted the ff s for extra fish appeal.

After boat prep , I tossed 4 ff into the water as chum - baiting the area. I hooked on a ff and tossed it in.
I patiently , moved the ff around and tried different distances and locations. I gave it 20 minutes and switched fishing gear to try for perch etc.

Not ten minutes later , I brought the jig up to clean the weeds off.
As I look down into the water , a carp approx 15 lb , breaks the surface takes a peek and swims back down. Sort of , where are those ff s , can't catch me but keep trying............ love those ff.
If your heart could break that would be it.

Well ,the wind is still N - NW and blowing pretty hard , this day , but doable. I launched the boat , no problem.

Bright sun and cool w/ wind galore.
I'm chumming w/ ff again to-night 

No comments:

Post a Comment