Tuesday 31 December 2013

HodgePodge

OK , how bad could it be , year end hodge podge.

The little laptop , my e-machine , has been slow , showing pop-up ads and bocking when I try to use Skype ( so is the big laptop for Skype ?? ) , as well I've tried to de-virus or de-bug , at least 4 times.

Friends and the net suggested that I try ' malwarebytes.org ' as a safe way to explore computer viruses. the big laptop , yesterday , came out clean. This AM , the little laptop got scanned by ' malwarebytes '  took 3 X as long and produced 860 threats. These threats have been deleted ( fingers crossed ). ' Holy crap on a cracker ' ( Penny , on the ' Big Bang Theory ' uses that line ). eight hundred !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From Vancouver 911 , emergency centre. Worst abuses of the ' 911 ' system.
1. I'm having a block party and want to rent a fire truck
2. My son won't give back the TV remote
3. Can I get permission to drive in the HOV lane b/c I'm late for 
4. I've lost my keys

NYC - the ' Big Apple ' had its 333 murder and they're way down.
T.O. - will come in under 60 homicides

I was watching ' the Golden Compass ' w/ subtitles ( always subtitles ) and saw the description of the opening sound track. a ' shimmering noise ' , huh , had trouble w/ that one.
Then later on , the description , said a whooshing sound. readers know that I reserve ' whoosh ' for when things are way above my head in an understanding sense. As in that went ' whoosh '.

Chinese authorities have declared 8 million acres of land too polluted for agriculture. two things here : #1 this means the number is really , like 200 million acres  # 2 they'll grow marijuana or somesuch on the polluted land.

Sad , isn't it , how cynical that I get. Not my fault , I live in this world , it breeds it into to you , the cynicism... I mean.

the ice storm(s) came on Dec 21 - 22 , 700 homes are still w/out power as of this AM. Holy Crap on a Cracker , no Xmas / no New Year ????  HCoaC , for sure.

Happy New Year to you all

thanks for reading ' 2 sentsworth '

No comments:

Post a Comment