Monday 9 December 2013

Trends and Me

need I say . always behind the curve , here. 

On the Comedy channel last night , a Latino ( PC ? ) joked that Spanish is a reality in the States , proof , salsa outsells ketchup.
Never liked  either. In fact , I don't make BBQ sauce that contains ketchup. Well , maybe a little ketchup.

However , at the get to-gether Friday night , someone commented that Sushi restaurants are popping up all over. I'm way ahead on that one.

Sadly , one of my favourite dishes , soba noodles in soup , was what my mother made at home , growing up. Never liked it then - now , yippee , I pay $8 a bowl and love it. Dumb , dumb , dummer.

Growing up , my parents were worried that I was too thin ( ha , ha )
the doctor discovered that my favourite and only dish was tea and rice - nope nothing else - tea and rice.
The Doc suggested that my parents try Western food as a change of pace.
Thus , from age 5 and on , southern fried chicken and mashed potatoes was my choice. Hence , no soba.
I re-discovered soba after university. $6 a bowl , then.

Lately , my pattern is to visit the SuperSushi House , once a week.
I tried to patronize their new outlet SuperKitchen which was closer to home but , alas, it seems there weren't enough like me and they will close soon.  Not enough trade and too much business at the original to staff both places.
The best part of SuperSushi is that they greet by name as I walk in.
Sort of like Norm on ' Cheers ' , the TV show , Everyone ' Norm ! '
except they say my name.

Weather , an old dose of the white and wet , not much as we could still see grass tops on the lawn. Damp and dreary w/ temperatures near freezing. Its hibernating weather but I'm going out to do chores. 
M is having her newer school teacher friends in. If I play in 3 poker leagues , M has 3 leagues of her own - based on where she taught or grew up. She is very good at that , maintaining contact. Me , not so much. I try , I really try. M says I'm often , very trying. Aah , to know me is to love me , one hopes.


No comments:

Post a Comment