Sunday 8 December 2013

The FtL Generation

By the # s in the TorStar

Will Rogers noted humorist ( a humorist entertains and a lecturer annoys - WR) always said '  I don't make this up its all in the newspapers '

The caste is called the ' Millenials ' , aged 18 - 31.

21.6                 million living w/ their parents
40                    % are males
32                    % are female
6                      the increase in average age of marriage since 1968
23                    % of Millenials , married and living independently
                        v. 1968 when the % was 56

Anecdotal insertion here : When I was 25 , I announced that I was getting an apartment. My Dad came to me and said " you don't need to move out to prove your a man ". Baloney , I was thinking ' I'd better leave before one us kills the other " Not very charitable but true.
This was borne out for the rest of my life. M would drag me out of Dad's condo room w/ arms wind-milling away and the ' discussion ' volume reaching sonic proportions.
Too much alike she said. Too much something.

The Climate accountability  Institute of Colorado ( no , I didn't invent the name ) says that 90 companies produce 2 / 3 of man made global warming emissions.
Leading the pack is Chevron Texaco , believed to responsible for 3.5 % of emissions. 31 companies are state owned in Saudia Arabia , Russia and Norway.

Weather : Sunny , 28 F and prime hibernating weather , for me.
I used to fish until the first week of Dec , wading the Nottawasaga R pretending to catch steelhead ( lake run rainbow trout ).
Sissy !     Not any more , boyo


No comments:

Post a Comment