Sunday 12 July 2015

A Classic

The song is ' My One and Only Love ' by Wood and Mellin circa 1935 ( ? )
A TV special starring YoYo Ma and a host of musical legends was on about 3 yrs ago.
I was introduced to ' Touch the Hand of Love ' written by Blossom Dearie and Mariah Blackwolf , as sung by Renee Fleming. And I've mentioned the YouTube Vid before.
And now , Joshua Redman and YoYo Ma doing ' My One and Only Love ' - had I heard it before - dunno   but loved it right off
I've been surfing the YouTube videos for versions of this song.
I've fallen in love w/ a guitar duet of Paul Bollenback and Ron Affif and I've only played the video 20 X so far. The video is 6 min and is jazz - y but quiet and tuneful. Look - er up , please.

The weather : sunny , warm going warmer and slightly humid which by the way for T.O. is stunning. We typically become a steam oven on hot days. Rain due over the next 3 days , light to medium level.

How is your day shaping up ? Ours is pathetic. Energy levels are down in the house... I guess that I mean , me but M is kinda dragging too !

We shall see said the Zen Master and me

No comments:

Post a Comment