Friday 31 July 2015

Clearing the i Phone

How do you use your cell phone or is it more off than on  ?

Our i Phones are usually ' off  ' unless we are out and about
We use pay as you go via Speakout which piggybacks Rogers ( one of the big 3 , here in the sGWN. I carry a ' hotspot ' device that is used when away from home.

I do make notes and reminders to myself but often , NO , very often , I forget to check the notes etc

All right we really didn't need i Phone 4 s s.

Past notes :

While at Gatwick Airport , I asked the phone for ' location '
The Map app got me : I was bounded by the roads - Horley , Charlwood , Crawley E and Grimstead. 
I will clear the ' note ' now

Next note : Eating places
 All Bar One served chicken soulvaki to die for , located in central Bath ( while waiting for our train to London  via Reading )

Bathampton Freehouse , N of Bath , came up w / crispy duck salad
- rating very excellent

Porthmeor Cafe ,  Porthmoer Beach , St Ives , Cornwall , everything
Clearing the note now ( that I've reported to you )

i Phone now stripped to the bare essentials

Weather here , is another heat alert. In T.O. , this heat alert means cooling stations are set up around the city in public buildings e.g.
City Hall and community centres
Chance of showers as the day moves along. Saturday a cooler mass of air comes through and we are back to 80 F or lower which is below seasonal.

As well , our i Phones run apps and programs in the background.
To prevent over re - cycling which burns battery life , I close background programs.  This advice came from the web when I tried to find out why the i Phone burned through the battery life in 8 hrs.
One tip was to stop the background programs from running constantly.
When I click an icon the app is back immediately , so , no need for the program to be on unless its being used , right then.

On the show " West Wing " , one episode title was ' Friday is Trash Day ' , meaning left over news from the week went out to the press on Fri. Very apropos of to - day , clearing the i Phone 

Right back at ya'

No comments:

Post a Comment