Monday 24 August 2015

Erroneous Titling

Under weight of heavy rains, experts say ground in Tampa Bay could be more susceptible to sinkholes

By Katie Mettler, Times Staff Writer
Experts say heavy rain can increase the chance of sinkholes and depressions.

The headline is from the ' Day Starter ' at TBT , on line. I've been calling it ' daily starter ' and it is but thats not the correct title

Weather : held up beautifully To - day , bright sun and 68 F on the back deck. Signs of the fall. The nights are cooler. The long term forecast calls for S On. to be dryer and cooler

Want a boost ? I'm trying a recommendation from Microsoft helper - ' Ready Boost ' , a process where you use a flashdrive or thumb drive plugged in to the ( baby ) laptop. Approx 4 Gb of storage is sectioned off to the flashdrive. This attempt is #2 the first flashdrive will not work. Thus , I stuck a second stick and will see how this 2 nd one goes. 
OK , my evaluation , is , the baby laptop is a little quicker
The real test , is a full scan using McAfee.
The last monthly scan took approx 7 hr
Here goes
Same old , full scan approx 6 hrs
I can drive from T.O. to Salamanca and back in that time

I'm down to once a month , every 2 weeks is torture

Now , on the lets get with it front
Dropped the $28 Hotspot ( mobile internet )
Joined data from the Cdn carrier SpeakOut , pay as you go - good for a year. Data is $10 / month / 100Mb
I'm goosing the Mb s trying to make it last the month
so far , I've used 17 Mb in 5 days
The bonus is , that if I'm careful M can use her iPhone for data via BluTooth ( maybe ,haven't done this yet )
If we go over in any month , the charge is the same rate pro rated for the usage
Thus , 10 Mb would be a $ 1


We shall see said the Zen Master

No comments:

Post a Comment