Friday 19 August 2016

Re - Listening

.... again ..........

For the last week or so , I've been on the 'buds hearing the novels of Donna Leon , as read by David Collaci and David Crossley.
Collaci does the Italian accent or persona , nicely.

DL started writing as an one off kinda thing. Sitting and chatting after dinner , someone mentioned that the opera in Venice would be an intriguing place for a murder... yepper that was it.
DL is up to 20 + stories in the series.
' Small town ' Venice , yes , its very provincial despite the 20 some million tourists a year , is a twisty geographical setting for the equally twisty stories,

I'm in love w/ the commisario's wife , Paola. Whats new , I know.

In the movie , ' Nobodys Fool ' , w/ Paul Newman and Bruce Willis , an exchange at the beginning goes ' Sully , still getting crushes on other men's wife at your age '
Its me , I guess.
Except , the other man's wife ( BW's ) is Melanie Griffiths , see , not my fault

DL hasn't allowed translations  to Italian for her books and remains relatively free to roam Venice , incognito as it were. And she wants it that way.

My left    wrist / hand    ?????????? , sometimes I'm not sure where the pain comes from , has limited chores that I can do. However , somehow , I've managed to adapt or finagle my way into exercising , as per routine , even w/ free weights. Albeit , some motions are eliminated.
I thought that I had the problem figured out i.e. don't twist the hand BUT last week , while wearing the wrist brace , I pushed a pole and Yep , shooting pain up the wrist to just shy of the elbow.

The physio lady said that I'm approaching the ' chronic ' definition for this ' wrist ' pain.





No comments:

Post a Comment