Friday 14 April 2017

Good Friday

greetings , to you and your family

The day is filled w/ sun. A powdery blue sky says hello

Typing fast , b/c I'm waiting for a chia depository note for the toilet.
Ah , the beauty of a good dump
Sorry , its hard to wax poetic about s***ing while your sitting

Thursday , required that a ornamental tree out front be doctored. This tree / bush intertwines its branches and resembles an umbrella in the way that most people trim. The lower limb which is really , lower , middle and upper b/c it went all over snapped. Fall down , no way. That branch was held in place by 4 different intertwines.
4 garbage cans of limbs and pieces went to rubbish.

We will likely get a bed ( real bed ) in a midddle room downstairs.
This new bed will replace the futon which is converted into a double bed as a guest room. There is a cot in the middle room but its garbage to sleep on. The cot was $35 22 yrs ago. Really ,22.
Thus , some re - organizing of furniture was needed. Job done in one. I'd call it re - decorating but stuff just got pushed around. Next door 's young 'un came to help lift. It was his fault. He saw me out w/ the tree and said ' need help ? '. But I paid him $20 for his time.
I figure that I'm paying for his car. Car ( 2002 ) was $4 000 and the insurance for the year $ 7 000. Criminy , 7 Gs.

Friday , decided to put up an umbrella on the back deck. In summer , come 3:30 PM , the sun is full on the deck. The sun slants in for 5 hrs and it is hot. I stole the brolley from the QMH , its mine and the new owners can buy their own.
The stand is supposed to be weighted by 80 # of sand in refillable plastic satchels. The whole she bang gets covered w/ a tarp affair that tucks under the stand.
Crap , I'm not dragging 80# of sand all over the deck.
My fix : tie the stand down through the deck boards. This system worked at the Q and its the same down here.
 Tie her down , boys !

I'm trying to do more fix ' em up jobs down here , purely out of guilt b/c I'm not doing it up on the 'bee.

And , a little job as well. Last year , M bought me a beauti shoe horn. The sucker is supposed to stand on a weighted button affair , ready to grab. I've hung the shoehorn on a utility rack. First , I used a toilet paper roll to act as a holder. That broke.
The new try is a hook wedged into the bottom opening of the shoehorn and the shoehorn can hang.
Why wedge the hook in ?
In case , the set up is lousy - I can pull the hook out and try something new.
Everything that I do , I'm always ensuring that the fix is re - jiggable. 
This ' re - jigging ' arranging can take a lot of time , but its a ' do - over ' if needed.
When I repaired the poker table. I made sure that table comes in 3 parts. The pedestal base weighs about 5 # , the old table top has knock down screws that hold the table top to the pedestal.
The table top was a poker lay out. I stripped it down to one flat surface , cutting the weight in half.
The playing surface is a segmented poker board that used to velcro to - gether. The velcro peeled ( glue wouldn't hold the velcro , I tried ). and the folds got torn and weren't holding well.
The solution was to put hard insulation foam on the back of the two halves of the poker board. I glued and screwed the foam on.
Thus , instead of two half clam shells that folded into quarters , I have two half moons. The set up won't fold up as nice into a travel bag but the board is solid and stays to gether w/out the velcro. Its so steady that the gap never opens ( well , not yet , anywho its been 3 years ).





No comments:

Post a Comment