Sunday 9 July 2017

Hello World

how's it treating you

Sunday in the city. Same old , same old here.
A cup of warm water to start the day
Weigh in is due this AM

Weather is iffy , cloud and dull is the order so far

Construction boom 

Post cottage , I decided things needed doing around home
This AM , looked at the patio again , in a corner near the house , b/c it has sunk
Took up the interlock , carefully ordered them ( very important ) and cleared the sunken area.
I back filled w/ 1/4 in crush stone and finished w/ limestone screenings. Limestone will pack as it gets wet.
Normally , people laying interlock  level the entire area , smooth and put down the stone. But I wasn't doing a new area but replacing existing stone into a stone pattern that was still there.
Thus , I started at the near end and row by row ( almost ) replaced the stone. Levelled to the existing edges and tried not to leave stuck up edges.
Part way through , I'm holding a brick that I'd been using to measure depth. Oops , why is this brick here and where did it go ?
Nope , odd brick out. nothing to do but continue
I finished but had funny shaped openings to fill w/ what remained
Just had to say , heck and do the best w/ what I had.

My career in stone masonry has come to an end

However , the sunken area is fairly flat and ( hopefully ) runs water away from the previous sunken area and not toward the house

Rain threatened and drops fell but that was it

To - morrow , ' the Great Wall '

Kidding , really !

No comments:

Post a Comment