Friday 21 July 2017

Stanley Steamer Pt 2

haven't been out but thats the forecast
and then wet for the week end

I played ' Survivor : fishing '
Thursday was my second day of fishing this week
We were drowned coming home for upriver and needed to dry off.
I needed rest.

Fishing went much better
I threw a mouse all day. Yes , a plastic floating mouse.
You fling it out there and the bass surge up from below and inhale the mouse.
I had been outfished by the mouse so decided to join the enemy.
First strikes were small and not productive. Then a smallmouth bass devoured the mouse and - fight on. A real battler.

To be fair , it can be a long time between hits but the mouse sits there , doing nothing but darting or wiggling or ' who knows '
A do nothing kind of fishing until  BANG a fish is there

A friend fished a frog - yep , green plastic frog w/ rubber fringe legs and it moves over the surface , waiting for inhalation

No comments:

Post a Comment