Saturday 19 August 2017

Gravy Train

not the dog food

Aha , got your attention !

Lately , say the last 6 months , I've basically stopped using the gas barbecue.
To wit , I watch the food shows such as ' Diners , Drive Ins and Dives ' and the Cdn version ' You Gotta Eat Here '. Mostly , its comfort food type cooking or how we normally cook at home.
Burgers are always done on a flat top not over open flame.
The tendency is to go for full fat or as in the standard hamburger recipe 60 / 40 beef to pork ( and that has fat galore ).
My point is that the chefs / cooks are going for keeping the fat in the pan.
Well , M buys low fat meat , thus we ask , ' why am I cooking open flame where the juice drips onto the coals ' 
Good question
So , I don't.
As well , I saute onions and other veg as sides
Plus , I make gravy for the hamburgers
What ? Gravy ! I eat open face hamburgers at home or 1 / 2 bun ( no , actually 1 / 3 bun b/c I cut the hamburger bun in 3.

Weather is full sun and heat and humidity to build through the day

My in grown finger nail problem is curing and hurting way less and of course it matches the increase in upper arm pain that started Thur.


No comments:

Post a Comment