Thursday 17 August 2017

Old Men

fish , real easy. They young guys took it easy on me.

Got to the 'bee about 8:30 A and fished til just after noon. Came in for lunch and a nap. I had to soak and dress my in grown fingernail.
We started to launch and stopped b/c it rained.
We waited 15 min and went out. Approx an 1/2 to 45 m later we came in as the rain arrived.
Packed up and headed home. A nice day and I'm not dead , tired but not dead

Overall , the wind was gusting all morning , a little hard to maneuver but we managed. Fishing was slow and got better.
We finished the morning w/ a 3 # smallmouth ( picture to follow ). The bass went under the boat , wherein the guys are laughing so hard as I tried to lift the rod tip out of the water. They both checked to see if the fish was on a log or hooked on the engine. Finally , the bass popped out from under the boat and I netted him.

Worst thing is the fish under the boat , there is no rod control. We couldn't help this happening due to the wind pushing us upriver.


No comments:

Post a Comment