Wednesday 23 August 2017

Who else

can run up / launch a bassboat

fish for 3 - 4 hrs and then come home

Me

Thats what I did. however , also managed to check out the boat trailer since it hasn't been used in 7 yrs ( ??? ).
I scraped off the moss and lichen and found an automotive place that can check out the tires and hubs on the trailer.
and the place needs to be close b/c who knows how far the trailer can make it.

Caught  , nothing. Pleasant day , not too hot , 70 high but good breeze. Actually ,too much. I spent the morning hiding in a windbreak out the gusts.

Another item that got checked off , was a trial of my new fishing rod. Really ,old fishing rod , never been used. I bought the 8' 6" rod to use fishing in the river. Cost $ 70. But 8'6" is too long for boat fishing. I cut the rod down by 10 - 11 ". Problem is that the surgery destroys the balance of the rod. Solution is to add lead weight in the butt end - to counter balance. Field testing is needed to find the balance point. that was part of to - days , check list.
The rod was still off balance. Back to the drawing board or surgical ward.
You see , I could never buy the rod that i want for $ 70 , to - day.
Thus the surgery 
and besides , I'm cheap. The rod still had the price tag on but at best I'd get $30 ( ? )


No comments:

Post a Comment