Thursday 14 February 2019

always the Aftermath

the review is in

T.O. missed the big dump, meaning half of the predicted snowfall actually fell.
However, my driveway and surrounds made up for the missed snow by accumulating wind drifts which beat the best estimates.
And to boot, snow lays on top of 3/4 in to an inch of ice.
Hard shovelling.
Usually, the plow company reduces the driveway by 4 - 5 ft b/c snow piles up on the sides. This round, I'll bet that the drive is narrowed by 7 - 8 ft.
Thus, I started taking back the driveway. Firstly, widen the entrance. Our property is at the end of a run before the cul-de-sac. Yepper, a big mound appears on the far edge of the driveway entrance.
I take back my driveway starting at the garage, widening the opening to full width.
Then I go down to the bottom and attack that narrowed entrance.
Why ? You ask !
B/c its my driveway and I want it back.


No comments:

Post a Comment