Sunday 10 February 2019

Comfortable ( Episode 2231 )

back on this topic

Hello SR

Thus, I'm thinking comfort food
Comfortable in bed 
a comfortable bed

This morning on ' Fresh Air ' CBC, hosted by Innava Duncan, a listener sent an audio message.
' We're listening to the old stove top percolator and CBC '
 as their week end ritual.

I was listening on the buds through the Moto 5G which has FM as an app.

Alright, comfortable

is looking out our back picture window on the ravine. Over the years, I may have added that we look out on
a city ravine. At this time of year we can look across the ravine at the back of Cedarbrae Mall. Now, Cedarbrae Mall doesn't have a lot of appeal from the front side and the back side... well, not as much as that.
however, peering through the screen of trunks and branches, the long view is rewarding.... a vista that gets cut off as the green grows.
We are shrouded by June and our view is a canopy and wall of living things.
We see deer in the backyard. The deer feed at our neighbours ( buds and shoots and flowers ) then wander by our place on the way out

Comfortable. Umh
food
warm
typing ( ??????????????? )

Remember this blog is pure catharsis

The Blue Jays of Hopkins were slaughtered in men's lax by Towson. I was able to watch the debacle by streaming coverage out of ' laxsportsnetwork '
Ugly as sin

And, natch, cold out there

On the Audio Technica earphones ( little name dropping there )

' in the bleak midwinter 
frosty winds may moan
earth turned hard as iron
water like a stone '

performed by Corinne May
joy !

' angels and archangels may have gathered there '

on YouTube

and here all the lyrics, Christina Rosetti and Gustaf Holst
get the credit



1. In the bleak mid-winter Frosty wind made moan, Earth stood hard as iron, Water like a stone; Snow had fallen, snow on snow, Snow on snow, In the bleak mid-winter Long ago. 2. Our God, Heaven cannot hold Him Nor earth sustain; Heaven and earth shall flee away When He comes to reign: In the bleak mid-winter A stable-place sufficed The Lord God Almighty, Jesus Christ. 3. Enough for Him, whom cherubim Worship night and day, A breast full of milk And a manger full of hay; Enough for Him, whom angels Fall down before, The ox and ass and camel Which adore. 4. Angels and archangels May have gathered there, Cherubim and seraphim Thronged the air, But only His mother In her maiden bliss, Worshipped the Beloved With a kiss. 5. What can I give Him, Poor as I am? If I were a shepherd I would bring a lamb, If I were a wise man I would do my part, Yet what I can I give Him, Give my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment