Friday 5 April 2019

Change over Day

at our house
Big Doin s

2 hours to install the new internet, VoIP phone and TV.
The internet service runs at 1Gb download.
The phone runs off the internet
The TV receive their signal via Wi Fi

And then the fun begins - cancelling the services that we have now. The threats and nasty business tricks - we'll keep you posted

Weather, we start above 32 F and will warm but the wind is still moving the trees.

On the fitness or workout front, some changes are in process. On a BBC fitness / health program, a Dr was investigating facts and research on fat.
On the workout phase, a professor in physiology revealed a fat burning workout.
The subjects were monitored. The pattern is 2 min of fairly intense cardio followed by a 1 minute rest - repeated 7 times or approx 20 minutes.
The subjects were a trained soccer player and a student trying to exercise. Both showed a doubling of fat burning after the workout. The effect can last 24 to 36 h.

In response, I started to modify my routines :
a) on weight day, I use push - ups, lat lift and curls as intense cardio. And also do pec lifts etc. for another and sprint on the elliptical for 2 minutes as well. Some combinations of weights and sprint for the 7 cardio bursts.

b) on non wieght days, I do elliptical sprints for the 7 cardio bursts.

The results, well fat burning we'll have to see if there is any change in my weight or ???????
However, what I can monitor shows that the shorter workout ( 30 - 40 minutes vs 46 ) records the same calories burned on the watch device and I sweat way more. As well I'm more tired as well.

The upside is that I needed a change in routine for variety - I'll admit that routine is good but a blip in the workout creates an interesting variant.

To-day did the weights w/ cardio burst as in a) above
really tired but the plus side is to-morrow is an off day > I go 3 days exercise and 1 off to rest

The verdict : they came they saw they conquered.

Pros : Rogers kept us informed
           The chat line answers questions
          They are clear about pricing
          Download speed is over 135 Mb/s c.f. 9.4 this               morning w/ the telephone line

Cons : we lost a channel that M likes ( thats bad for                me )
           not all features are working but in their defense
           I was told the work order isn't in the system

And everything is new and different






No comments:

Post a Comment