Monday 22 April 2019

Easter dInner - the learning experience

in fact, we should always be learning

While we wolfed down chocolate Easter eggs post dinner - a second cousin / daughter / niece berated us.
Apparently, the chocolate that we were eating contains palm oil ( most chocolate does ). The source of the palm oil ( one assumes that its palm trees ) is decreasing in the world.
The loss of habitat is pushing orangutans to extinction.
There ! Stop eating chocolate.
Did no good last night but maybe we will start looking out for that.

Finally, wrote a long missive to a cousin out West. I've been berating myself mentally for not doing a better job of staying in touch w/ Western relatives of which there are many.
I sent out an email to remind people to check their dryer vent and clean them out.
In reply, I received a thank you and a multi paragraph report from a cousin on Vancouver Is.
This A.M. I responded w/ a message of my own. And self congratulations are in order it seems. I'm so proud of myself.
Now truth be told if she read my blog then that email wouldn't have been necessary. Unfortunately, she is not one of the three who do.
You are. Thanks.

The week offers mostly hope weather wise - rain yes but very mild temperatures.
Out there is gray and humid looking  ( is humid a look ? - guess so ).

I remediated my robin proofing under the deck and apparently created a haven for sparrows to nest. Is this lesson along the lines of ' when God closes a door he opens a window ' sort of thinking ?
We shall see said the Zen Master.
Nature will out - or some such

This morning's coffee is spiked w/ Bailey's Almond liqueur. A good morning.

Oh, at Shoppers Drug Mart, Kraft peanut butter ' only peanuts ' was on sale. In the kitchen, I open the jar and find a lake of oil on top of the contents. The foil seal has ' stir and store upside down in the refrigerator ' printed in bold letters. Kinda makes you wonder what they put in regular peanut butter b/c it sure doesn't do that.
Tastes good, though. Maybe, too good.
Well, I'm going to die of something and ' peanuting to death ' seems not too bad an end. Maybe they'll need to store me upside down to keep me from separating.

Grim that, oh well its life. As the Buddhists say ( at least my kind of Buddhist ), Life is Dukha ( or suffering ). We struggle through this life. W/out chocolate it seems would be best.

I wonder if peanut tree deforestation is affecting the orangutans. Sorry there dudes. I can see the no chocolate in my diet but peanut butter is a different ball game.
And marmalade. Alright, marmalade deforestation is ruining the world too ! 
I give up.

I'm eating no more trees ! Watch out beavers cause they are coming for you next !
Thought you were so clever eating palm trees up there in Northern Canada. The world is watching !

Time to quit this - harangue
Always wanted to use that word in the blog

Disaffected is the word I want to use next issue.



No comments:

Post a Comment