Wednesday 10 July 2019

5 hr Hang Time

Hang time is an expression used in surfing - as in how long that the surfer stayed on a wave.

Our hang time ala John Denver was 5 hrs.
I watched ' Guardians of the Galaxy ' for the tenth time. But GotG didn't have closed captioning and I can barely hear w/ the earbuds. I switched to ' Crimes of Griswold ' from ' Fantastic Beasts ' series. The captioning made it much easier to follow.
And bingo bango, we we're home.
Traffic on the # 401 was nuts !. Isn't it always, you see, its bloody construction season !!!!!!. Lanes were closed alternately, express and collectors. This phrase means that you weave in and out of the collectors and express til everyone else figures the pattern then you you stop for 8 minutes. Go for three clicks and stop for 8 minutes.
We got off about 8 miles from home and took Ellesmere Av - which was deserted and we flew the eight miles home

TG. Love home.

What was accomplished in Vancouver ( really we stayed in Delta at an AirBnB )
We visited a mother's aunt and her husband in North Vancouver.
We met 3 uncles and 2 aunts on my father's side. There were 8 cousins plus 2 wives, and 2 second cousins - BTW all of these have the same last names except for 2 cousins and 1 second cousin.

We ate like Japanese kings and queens

We stayed at an AirBnB approx 8 minutes from the uncle's house.

And most importantly, a whole whack of guilt was assauged b/c I haven't kept up visiting these people.
To be fair, they don't come out here but it is far.

Guilt free !!! No but less guilt.

There is a Google web page for birthday photos that people are supposed to download onto.
This Chromebook and my phone are Google based.
But I couldn't find the URL page that was recommended and then this afternoon, I was checking photos and ' recent ' and other people's pictures were there. I clicked on upload and my pix got added. I'm not even sure what I did. I guess the phone and laptop synced w/ the BD page
Either that or magic happened.
I'm sure someone could explain what happened to me
and then again, I might not understand the explanation
I get mixed up when the conversation goes to ' drives and folders and other arcania '




No comments:

Post a Comment