Thursday 11 July 2019

Dum - DUM - DUMB

me

The story
The office computer is a Dell laptop. Purchased in 2010, yes, its getting on in years. In fact, likely 4 generations out of date.
It works but slow, very slow.
And we compare to the Chromebook which is lightning 

We recently, as you have seen switched to a Wifi system called Ignite from a major Telco.
Occasionally for no reason, I check to see network status ( we know the reason - I can't let well enough alone )
All this to try and improve the speed of the laptop.

I noticed that the wireless network was rated as public and since this is the home system, I wanted the connection to say ' private ' or home

I disconnected 6:30 AM.  ( Yes, whopping big mistake )

For 20 minutes, I tried to re-connect
not a hope.
Finally, a window appears  ' wireless connection - OFF '
Ok turn it back on
NO
After two tries, a window appears ' wireless connection available '
Of course, you stupid machine
You were hooked up before

' you are now connected wirelessly '
thank you ! 6:50 AM

Weather. Damp and cloudy
But yesterday's humidex was just shy of 100
w/ the cloud to-day and rain likely
humidex will be much less

Mission accomplished, our Dell laptop is connected to a private wireless network - us

Egad ! does it make a difference

We shall see said the Zen Master

P.S.    yes, Dell is  still running slow - ' er '
P.P.S. the humidex reaches 96 today
          big whoop there but temperature is down                      slightly. I was out - and not bad - no A/C even


No comments:

Post a Comment