Sunday 7 July 2019

Creature Feature

the relatives will gather

And there is some animosity possible. The Aunts and Uncles are older and some are wheelchair mobile.
As always the intent is good but people being people - 
well, We shall see said the Zen Master

And here, in this blog the posts were supposedly good news.
Thus, I re-start

The man reached 100 years of age . Friends and family are gathering and several have flown in for this day.
Cousins long sundered by distance and circumstance will renew old ties.

There will be sushi ( on order ) and delectable desserts ( home made tarts, for sure )
and I've already had the cookies.

I brought an 8 x 10 photo of 9 of ten sibs gathered some years ago. According to my searches, I can find nothing comparable. Unfortunately, the original was over 40 years old and of course, in the process of enlargement - a little fuzziness appeared.
However, the truth is that the uncles have fuzzy eyesight anyway.

We will expect a glorious day. The event is an 11 AM to 6 PM time frame
I hope that I last til 6 PM b/c I will help clean up.

And I lied. The photo of my father and his sibs including the birthday boy contained all the brothers and sisters.

No body blows were landed at the birthday party.
Some snide little things were said in private but all ended smoothly.

A family story involving the internment was straightened out. I've been repeating a slightly doctored version but I've got it right now. And the errors were small and don't / didn't affect the story.


No comments:

Post a Comment