Sunday 14 July 2019

Fishing Weekend

due to circumstances, my fishing group is now limited to weekends.
Busy of course

But we struggled through and caught some fish - not buckets full but a few



And a big and

My marine railway was  refurbished.
You might recall that there was a shore restoration done at the cottage where I keep the boat.
The marine railway that launches the bassboat was taken apart for shore work.
Shortly after, w/ help the railway was replaced but the support system was temporary and pretty much ad hoc. An arrangement of stone holding the rails. The fix worked but looked dodgy and was dodgy.

This weekend, the guys that I fish w/ went at the problem. I had purhcased 4x4 s and had them ready to go. But the brain trust that I fish w/, decided that paver stones were the solution. Heavy and wide ( too heavy for me hence the 4x4 s ) got slugged around and arranged.
When the guys were done - there was a solid base and rigid, flat pavers on top that supported the rails. No flex or bulge, just a flat surface for the rails




No comments:

Post a Comment