Monday 22 July 2019

All the Breaks

in the weather

By 8 PM last night the feeling outside had changed.
The evening was cool and dry
Seasonal it seems

Bright sun w/ cloudy periods this AM. Basically, I missed the morning, really, b/c I slept in

Weeding was supposed to start at 8 AM
Nope
Didn't happen
Life, ah, so many twists and turns
No excuses, Pancho
And still the world turns

Weeding was started and some tree trimming ensued
and then I stopped - took a break
and never got back
but all things go slow
and in this house 
much slower

And clouded over anyway w/ thunder rumbling

I'm re-reading books from the shelves here at home.
The last 2 by a Canadian author of ' historical / fiction ' how much of one or the other I don't know. Basically, it seems familiar if you can be familiar w/ what you don't know. The sense of it seems - familiar.
Guy Gavriel Kay wrote ' Lions of Al - Rassan ' and I finished ' a Song for Arbonne ' a few days ago.
Also, much further back, say a month, it was ' Last Light of the Sun ' that I read once more     < also GGK >.
Actually, not chronologically, it was ' Last Light of the Sun ' that I picked up at a free window library at the ' Porch and Pint ' near the Quarter Mile House ' , I guess our go to pub there.
At the Q, the library shelf is full of books < this in the left back bedroom >
GGK has written 13 novels and I managed to find or read 9 of those efforts. All are better than good.
Good reads.

No comments:

Post a Comment